Turf Restoration Update 5/3/2022
Please recall the City hired Walker Lawn and Landscape in fall 2021 to complete turf establishment due to the lack of progress on establishing turf free of significant weeds by the road reconstruction contractor. Herbicide was applied last fall and the following work will occur this spring:
- May 2022 – Add topsoil in low spots and reestablish seed to meet City specifications
- June 2022 – Water turf
Residents are not required to do any lawn improvements at this time. Tips for ensure proper seed growth:
- Please do not apply fertilizer and herbicide this spring as they can have damaging effects on new seed
- We encourage you to help water the turf
- Do not mow new grass until it is 6" high, and mow at the highest setting for the first few months
- Weeds will likely appear with new grass. The City’s contractor may apply herbicide when needed, after the turf has been established.
- Additional tips for growing green grass, including how much to water, can be found in a video here.
We understand the turf restoration process has been lengthy and frustrating. The City will continue to review the turf in the project area this summer to ensure proper growth, which takes time.