The Census Bureau will never ask for:
• full social security number
• money or donations
• anything on behalf of a political party
• your full bank or credit card account numbers
If you are visited by someone from the United States Census
Bureau, here are some recognition tips to assure the validity
of the field representative;
• Must present an ID Badge which contains: photograph
of field representative, Department of Commerce watermark, and expiration date.
• Will provide you with supervisor contact information
and/or the regional office phone number for verification, if asked.
• Will provide you with a letter from the Director of the
Census Bureau on U.S. Census Bureau letterhead.
• May be carrying a laptop and/or bag with a Census