Host a Community Climate Action Meeting with the CAP-in-a-box meeting toolbox!
Are you an Edina community member passionate about climate action in the face of a warmer, wetter and more unpredictable climate?
Do you want to get the word out about Edina’s new Climate Action Plan, which aims to reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions 45% by 2030?
If you answered yes above, then “CAP-in-a-box” is for you!
The CAP-in-a-box is a toolbox designed for Edina community groups and members interested in spreading the word and taking action on climate change. Community members can use the toolbox of resources to meet with groups and lead a discussion of ideas for strategies and activities they can undertake to help fight climate change. Groups might include garden clubs, recreation leagues, youth groups, faith communities, civic groups or neighborhood groups.
Who should use this “CAP-in-a-box?”
CAP-in-box is a tool for those interested in:
- Tackling climate change
- Sharing Edina’s Climate Action Plan
- Connecting to a community groups open to learning more about climate action in Edina and ways they can be involved
- Practice public speaking and presenting to a groups
What do I have to do to use this “CAP-in-a-box?”
Just a few steps and some are optional. Instructions and all materials are available on this project page here on the right-hand side.
- Download and customize the “CAP-in-a-box” Templates for your community group
- Schedule a presentation time with your community group
- Optional: Share the meeting details with the City: who are you presenting to, when, how many expected attendees, and any resulting actions or follow-ups with the group
- Request any printed materials from the City one week prior to your meeting by contacting Sustainability Manager Grace Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Present to your community group and gather any questions or follow-up actions
- Optional: Share any follow-up questions or actions with the City
Every volunteer is invited to email the City’s Sustainability Division (email@example.com) about their community climate action meeting and request any printed materials beyond the digital resources provided. Volunteers have the option to submit an after-meeting report, sharing any community feedback or questions with the City about climate action in Edina.
Want to be in the know about future City sustainability events? Get registered as a Community Climate Action Outreach Volunteer apply with Volunteer Edina.
Ready to take action? Make your climate commitment using the Community Climate Action Tracker.
Question can be sent to Sustainability Manager, Grace Hancock at ghancock@EdinaMN.gov.
This page is now archived and is no longer active. To learn more about the Climate Action Plan, visit EdinaMN.gov/ClimateActionPlan. To follow the plan's progress, visit the Climate Action Plan Progress Portal or view the Environmental Performance Report.