Public Hearing: Authorizing Conveyance of City Owned Property to the Edina Housing Foundation
Consultation has concluded
This public hearing was tabled on July 21 and will be brought back to Council on August 18. Since we had several comments to date we have provided more information which we hope you will read.
All comments are reviewed by the governing body to gain insight into community perspective and values. This information in addition to other factors like legal requirements, infrastructure needs, long-term strategy, cost, etc help inform the decision. The feedback collected is not considered a "vote".
Everyone has the right to share their opinions and comments on the related project. While individuals may have varying opinions, respect each person's experience and insight.
Comments are considered part of the public record. When making a comment:
- provide your full name
- let us know your relation to the project (i.e. physical address, neighborhood, visit the area often, etc)
- respect the views of other participants even if they don't agree with you
If you have questions, please use the Q & A tool.
- Who currently owns this property?
- What is it zoned?
- Is there a deed restriction?
- Can two houses fit on this lot?
- Who is the Edina Housing Foundation?
- Is the City selling this land for less than market value?
- Is there a financial benefit to the City?
- The City has sustainability goals. Isn’t keeping this land as a park more sustainable then building two houses on it?
- Will two affordable homes on a smaller than area median lot sizes reduce the property values of neighboring homes?
- Will neighbors be able to review development plans?
- What if the houses are not maintained?
- Why develop this site and not elsewhere?
- What City policies support selling this site for two affordable houses?